As primary analytical partners in the business, experienced Planners are responsible for decisions that directly affect sales, margin, inventory, profit, and other metrics. The successful candidate will have an eye for retail product trend and an ability to quickly apply trend to effective financial decision-making.
This role will include presenting financial plans, forecasts and strategies in key meetings. You will proactively report on the health of the business and facilitate smart business decisions, communicate financial results, forecasts, and action plans to managers and cross-functional team members on a weekly basis. You will collaborate with peers to ensure consistency of information, share best practices and develop systems knowledge. You'll participate in a team structure that facilitates and maximizes individual and team performance, supporting and fostering an open and inclusive environment that embraces diversity, encourages accountability, and drives toward results.
This position reports to a Planning Manager and leads a team: Location Planner and allocation analyst.
Key Functions of the position:
- Develop plans by analyzing historical data and current trends while identifying risks and opportunities. Reconcile plans from a top down and bottom up perspective.
- Lead the analysis of historical data and current trends identifying business opportunities and implement appropriate action to maximize financial objectives
- Organize and lead business review meetings
- Manage the financial success of the area by driving the business to exceed sales, gross margin, gross margin return on investment (GMROI) and inventory turn goals.
- Provide pertinent feedback to the allocators and location planners to support the development of store volume tiers to optimally incorporate store performance into the assortment and allocation processes.
- Collaborate with the merchant team to develop and communicate a comprehensive pre-season strategy that aligns financial and product opportunities across multiple departments.
- Lead, mentor coach : manage day-to day activities of allocator analyst & location planners Encourages others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitates the implementation and acceptance of change within the organization.
Key competencies of the position:
Drive for Results -
Strategic and Analytical Capability
Influence and Collaboration
- Four year College Degree and 3 years merchandise planning experience
- Experience in location planning and allocation a plus
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of merchandise planning principles, practices and procedures
- Team player with positive attitude. Self-motivated and energetic