|Since 1996, we have had over 1,000 successful placements. |
Buyer (Off Price)Expansion 2019
FUNCTION: Directly responsible for all facets of financial management, procurement, and assortment within assigned business category and accountable to meet or exceed business sales and margin plans.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Owns the strategic vision for the assigned business.
- Directly accountable for management of financial goals including sales, gross margin, and inventory turn.
- Develops and achieves seasonal unit plans in collaboration with Divisional Planning Manager.
- Travels to market frequently to procure merchandise, develop key items, or acquire new vendors.
- Negotiates with vendors on pricing, content of assortment, terms, vendor services, and ensures adherence to scheduled shipping windows.
- Proactively assesses merchandise mix to continually enhance assortments with relentless pursuit of emerging trends.
- Uses information obtained from weekly store visits across varied regions of the chain for future planning and current refinement of execution.
- Understands the customer and competitive demographics in each market area, and builds assortments accordingly.
- Vigilantly monitors emerging or descending trends and takes action to capitalize or react.
- Define flow, marketing, and merchandise presentation for all product lines.
- Collaborates closely with Planning and Allocation in order to ensure that merchandise distributions are executed correctly.
- Ensure value price strategy in assigned business remains competitive by frequently shopping competitors.
- Monitor and address all issues that are surfaced via Accounts Payable.
- Coaches and develops assigned assistant buyer or merchandise technician.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 4 year degree in Retail Merchandising, or Business Administration.
- Minimum of 3 years buying experience, off price experience highly preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Strong retail math skills.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Frequent market travel
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training staff, planning, assigning and directing work, evaluating performance and addressing concerns of assigned assistant buyer or merchandise technician.
- Provides appropriate feedback and coaching to assigned associates in order to address performance areas in need of development and improvement. Recognizes and reinforces accomplishment.