Buyer Apparel 1/10/22
Seeking an energetic, analytical, creative apparel Buyer. This individual will develop, assort, and manage the merchandise mix through sound business decisions around product selection, price-points, and merchandise presentation.
SOME OF THE RESPONSIBILITIES…
· Develop all departmental strategies including assortment plans, floor plans, marketing, and pricing action.
· Maintain accurate OTB in partnership with planning; monitor results to determine required adjustments or corrective action.
· Analyze historical and current business by style, size and color chain-wide in order to strategically forecast future opportunities
· Analyze ad results to make futuristic decisions.
· Maintain knowledge of market conditions relating to price, resources and fashion as it relates to trends and key items, and react accordingly to grow profitable sales.
· Participate in the development of new buying talent
· Maintain accurate, timely methods of communication with all internal and external business partners.
· Maintain knowledge of product and industry trends through market trips, online services, industry journals and fashion magazines.
· Minimum 2 - 3 years experience as an established buyer with a demonstrable track record of success in apparel buying. Off Price experience a plus.
· Progressive thinker able to take ideas from conception to execution.
· Strong organizational, analytical and retail math skills
· Strong leadership skills. Affinity for, and proven success with, coaching and developing new buying talent
· Proven negotiator with strong verbal and written communication skills and exemplary vendor relationships
· Proficient with desktop software
· Ability to recognize fashion and trend and determine how it translates to our customers and business
· Must be willing and able to travel to markets and stores as needed.
· Bachelors Degree preferred